Now, there are many things I can think of that I miss about living in Germany and there are time when I truly wish I could go back to living a simple life in our German village of Bad Kissengen. But those thoughts aren't what brought me to this day and this title. No. It was yesterday's Easter Mass that brought me to this title.
Yesterday, nostalgia reigned supreme. Yesterday I watched as the little ones came pouring into Church in their Easter best and yesterday I realized what I miss about little ones...
3. I miss hiding Easter baskets in the house, leaving a trail of jelly beans behind for the kids to follow to their baskets loaded with candy and small gifts.
6. I miss being taller than my kiddos.
7. I miss the fear and elation on the kids' faces when they experienced a roller coaster ride for the first or second time.
13. I miss walking the kids to the bus stop.
15. I miss sunshiny little girls with big bows in her hair and sparkly little boys with brilliant smiles on their faces.
Today is a day for nostalgia. Looking back and trying to hold on to the memories. Tomorrow I will work on holding on to the present...for the love of my children....