Today I posted on Facebook that it's a very thankful kind of day. Most days I can find something to be thankful for, but today I'm especially thankful. Stan came out of his surgery feeling so much better than he went in. It's been a long couple of weeks since he hurt his back and I'm so glad his pain is lessened because of the skill of a talented and compassionate surgeon. The lessening of Stan's pain is only the tip of what I found to be thankful for today. I'll begin with what I found to be thankful for at the surgery center and move on to life in general. Here is my list for today...
1. I'm thankful for kind nurses who brighten their patient's day with their warmth and caring.
2. I'm thankful for hospital volunteers who greet nervous family members with smiles on their faces, making sure they are as well cared for as the patients who are being treated.
3. I'm thankful for friends whose concern and caring knows no bounds.
4. I'm thankful for my own healthy body so I can take care of Stan while he heals.
5. I'm thankful I can bend and move and stretch and do all of the things I take for granted every day.
6. I'm thankful for warm houses and warm blankets.
7. I'm thankful birthdays celebrated with family and friends.
8. I'm thankful for a smelly dog who sticks to me like glue.
9. I'm thankful for the three precious children who have blessed my life.
10. I'm thankful today is the day my love was born, because he is my most-est thankful thing.
These are only a few of my things for which I am most thankful. I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that popped into my head today as I say a very grateful "Thank You" to God, the universe, friends and family.
Oh, for the love of my children...